Beverly Hills - Visual Designer
The Visual Designer will work with members of other disciplines in the delivery of quality scalable visual solutions that support a successful user experience and exceed Myspaces business goals. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. Applicants must have substantial experience creating or redesigning scalable visual systems for consumer websites based on user experience methodologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following but other duties may be assigned.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users.
- Design experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team.
- Ability to rapidly produce multiple visual concepts.
- Exceptional visual skills and a gifted eye for detail, form and story.
- Partner with interaction design, PMs, engineers, and marketing to oversee the visual design of a product from conception until launch (and then some).
- Expect to engage in an ongoing healthy debate about design vs. user experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong portfolio featuring examples of design work.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision. (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build')
- Proven ability to execute on visual details.
- Professional understanding of typography and design in mobile, TV, and web mediums.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions.
- Able to expect to engage in an ongoing healthy debate about design vs. user experience; accept honest and candid feedback.
- Experience in data visualizations and info graphics is a plus.
- Experience with front-end programming a plus.
Specific Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer